I saw this tag on Lacquediction a long time ago and thought it's great for a singer like me. So I snatched it up! If at the end of this tag you know more about me than you'd care for, blame her :)
(1) A song from your early childhood.
Don't Turn Around by Ace of Base. (link)
(2) A song you associate with the love of your life.
With a former love of my life - long story - it was Ruska by Apocalyptica. (link)
Mr.Chester and I share Hells Bells by AC/DC :) (link)
(3) A song that reminds you of a past vacation.
Metallica's albums Load and ReLoad were the soundtrack to vacations in Bulgaria in 1997 and 1998. I totally fell in love with Ronnie, Hero of the Day, Low Man's Lyrics, Carpe Diem Baby and King Nothing. Those are still one of my very favorites but Ronnie is especially dear to my heart. (link to Making Of of Ronnie)
(4) A song you like that but you actually don't want to admit it.
Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne. Great song if you ask me but I wouldn't be caught dead singing along to it in public. Although I sing along publicly to all kinds of music pretty much unashamed all the time :P
(5) A song you heard when you were lovesick.
My December by Linkin Park. (link)
(6) The song you probably have heard the most often in your lifetime.
Feuer frei! by Rammstein. The guys from my fire brigade freakin' loved this song to death. Yeah, well. It's still a great song. (link)
(7) Your favorite instrumental.
The original Call of Ktulu by Metallica. Effing great piece of work. (link)
(8) A song representing one of your favorite bands.
Helden by Apocalyptica feat. Till Lindemann from Rammstein. 2 birds, 1 stone :) (link)
(9) A song that reminds you of yourself.
Being a singer myself I know how incredibly tight-knit the world of just one song is, how in-depth and detailed you have to describe just one single minute of an event to get across the right emotions. I think there is not one song out there that's able to portray all the facets of my personality.
But there's a common theme in my personal history and it's that I feel uprooted. I feel like I don't belong any place. Wherever I May Roam by Metallica is probably most apt. (link)
(10) A song that reminds you of a special event.
Lacrimosa's Eine Nacht in Ewigkeit.
(11) A relaxing song.
Farewell by Apocalyptica. (link)
(12) A song that represents a fabulous time in your life.
Moskau by Dschingis Khan will forever remind me of epic dance nights during highschool. I heard this song at least once every month. (link)
(13) Your favorite song currently.
Rammstein's Frühling in Paris.
(14) A song you'd dedicate to your BBF.
If I ever could I'd sing this one publicly just for her: Rammstein's Klavier. (link)
(15) A song you believe nobody listens to except you.
Metallica's I Disappear. Because, yeah, it's mainstream. Metallica don't do mainstream. Notice the problem? (intro to the film, because GEMA sux)
(16) A song which lyrics you like more than anything else.
Where the Wild Roses Grow by Kylie Minogue and Nick Cave is one of the most beautiful and saddest songs in the whole wide world. Nick Cave has the second most sexy voice ever. (link to video)
(17) A song that's neither German nor English and that you still like.
Thehe, anyone remember t.a.t.u.? Anyone remember Ya Soshla S Uma? If not, click here to refresh you memory. You're welcome. :D
(18) A song to blow off some steam.
Anything rock/hard rock/metal goes. The louder, the faster, the more screamed, the more double bass drum, the better. Bands I turn to for this purpose are Metallica, Rammstein, System of a Down and Bullet for my Valentine.
(19) A song you wish to be played at your funeral.
Leave Out All The Rest by Linkin Park. (link)
(20) A song you deem one of the best of all times.
Hearts Burst Into Fire by Bullet for my Valentine. (link)
I tag everyone who'd like to do this :D